Students and pupils may be admitted into Sound Foundation International School upon fulfilling the requirements for enrollment. Application materials and further information may be obtained from the office of the Accountant.
Admission procedure into SOFIS
Admitting students from other schools
When students come to us from other schools that use curriculum and assessment different from SOFIS, it is imperative that a careful review of records from previous schools be conducted in order to place students in the appropriate grades. The Headmaster will provide the initial screening with the Vice-Principal for each division making the final assessment.
The school retains the right to deny admission to any student dismissed from other schools or those who do not meet our admission requirements.
- There will be a review of all available previous school records
- There must be evidence of the student’s ability to profit from SOFIS Entrance EXAM (admission/placement testing is conducted for all new students)
- There must be current openings at a given grade level
- The age requirement for our classes or year group are as follows:
- ______-Pre-school: 3 years by September
- _____ -Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years by September
- _____ -Kindergarten (1st Year Elementary): 5 years by September
- _____ -Grades 6 (1st Year Junior Secondary): 10+ years by September
- ______-Grades 9 (1st Year Senior Secondary): 13 years by September
- In the upper school divisions, placement is generally determined by age and by the last successfully completed grade indicated on school records. Along with age and previous achievement, there must be successful admission/ placement testing
- In cases of concern, a student may be admitted on a conditional status
- All classes are generally constructed in a heterogeneous fashion; parental requests for specific teachers and/or classes are not accepted